I have not tried this recipe because i am a vegetarian as of 1.5 years ago however you can add tofu, fish, temnpeh—instead of chicken if you do not eat it. My friend sent me this recipe thank you Jackie!!! She enjoys it and i have passed it on to others whom enjoy it very much as well!!! Awesome recipe to keep you lean anytime of the day!!!
- 2 1/4 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs (8 total)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken with the cumin, paprika, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. On a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the beets with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing the beets once, until the beets are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro. Serve the chicken with the couscous, beets, yogurt sauce, and lime wedges.